Tuesday, July 22, 2008

On The Use of Existentialism in Education

"Ok, class, perhaps you could try 'non-being' so loud?"  
There's a joke here because most of me wants to cry, wad paper, spit at things.  I really do have a paper on existentialism and education due tomorrow, and right now the actual usefullness of Existentialism in Education is still pretty non-being.  
I'm taking a break for a few minutes to blog about what I did this weekend when I should have been writing, which was spending a rainy Saturday in Union Park watching the Pitchfork festival.  My favorite set was Bradford Cox (Atlas Sound), who reminds me more than any other artist of Bjork.  He may be a skinny young man from Georgia who sounds like he listened to a lot of Byrds records, but his interest in developing new and unusual sound and blurring the line between pop and ambient music is really inspiring.

Mp3:Bradford Cox Covers Bjork's Headphones

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home